Skip to main content

Improve Your Experience

You are using a browser version that we do not support. Please use one of these supported browsers:

Energy Assistance Programs

Okanogan County PUD, working in conjunction with Okanogan County Community Action Council (OCCAC) and other agencies, offers the following Customer Support Programs

Contact OCCAC at 509-422-4041 or  877-641-0101 for more information.

Project Help

Project Help is a program funded through donations from Okanogan County PUD customers.  These donations are used to help other Okanogan County PUD customers pay deposits and energy bills.

Customers seeking Project Help assistance must meet the following criteria: experiencing a sudden serious illness or death, major hospitalization or an unexpected reduction of income; income must not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income. Priority is given to customers who are in urgent need of assistance, and those who are 65 years or older.  Project Help funds are only given to those who meet the income guidelines and are ineligible for other federal government and emergency assistance.

Project Help Resolution


Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a federal program that assists low-income customers in paying their heating bills and may even have grants for heating system repair costs. Whether you heat with oil, wood, pellets, propane, or electric heat, you may qualify for aid.  This program runs typically from November through May, or as funds remain available. 

Colville Indian Housing Authority

The Colville Indian Housing Authority has been awarded a federal grant to provide rent and utility assistance for low-income rental households who experienced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This program is contingent upon funding availability. 

CIHA flyer

Okanogan Community Action Council

Okanogan County Community Action Council (OCCAC) is a community-building organization working with community members of all groups to raise the poor out of poverty, to feed the hungry, to provide affordable housing for all, to empower community members through education, and in the process to return prosperity and hope for the future to Okanogan County.  To learn more about OCCAC, visit their website, Okanogan Community Action Council