2022 Budget Planning Is Underway!
Welcome to our 2022 Budget page! Below, you will find three short videos that give some background to what public power is and how we decide on budget items. Below that, you will find links to a number of documents and studies that support our budget planning. Then, find the PDF of the DRAFT 2022 budget. Finally, we have listed the upcoming budget hearing and workshop schedules. If you have any problems accessing the documents or links provided, please let us know!
Puzzle Pieces 1: What is Public Power?
Puzzle Pieces 2: Affordability & Reliability
Puzzle Pieces 3: The Budget Process
Want more details on our planning documents? Check out the different drop-down menus on our Finance & Accounting page for:
- Equity Management Plan - overall planning for the funding needs of the PUD, such as how much we will need to borrow for large projects.
- Cost of Service Analysis & Rate Study - a look at the true costs of providing service to our customers, and adjusting current rates to meet the needs in years to come.
The public is welcome to attend our hearings and workshops in-person (when health and safety restrictions allow) or via Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/92278228992). Recordings are also posted shortly after the hearings.
Board meeting schedules:
- Sept. 27: Budget hearing, 3 p.m.; Budget workshop, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 11: Budget hearing, 3 p.m.; Budget workshop, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 25: Budget hearing, 3 p.m.; Final budget approval anticipated.